Important Prenatal Nutrients
Prenatal Vitamins and minerals that are important to take include:
- Folic Acid – Folic acid will greatly reduce the neural tube defect risks in baby by up to 70%.
- Iron - Your body will develop more blood cell to support baby when you’re pregnant. In this event, your blood could become thinner, and hence the requirement for iron supplement is vital.
- Calcium - It is important to obtain calcium rich food, approximately around 1300mg a day during pregnancy.
- Protein - Protein will help create and develop the cells in your baby. Adequate protein is required and mostly from meaty food.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C will help develop your baby’s gums, bones and teeth. Consuming oranges or kiwi fruits, or any other fruits will help.
- Potassium - Bananas is a potassium source and potassium will help balanced the fluids in your cell.
- Vitamin B- Will help develop brain cells and healthy nervous system in your baby.
- Zinc - Helps to prevent neural tube defects and assist in body tissues development.
- Ginger Root – Ginger root will help the pregnant women to curb with vomiting and the feeling of nausea.
- Choline - researchers found that low level of choline will increase the risks of spinal cord defects.
- Inositol – Helps to protect from neural tube defects.
These are the vital prenatal vitamins which will assist a healthy baby development once you have confirm pregnancy either by taking pregnancy test or experience some of pregnancy symptoms.